Feb 11, 2010

Art workshop for the youthworkers and volunteers

Increase your skills is not bad. If moreover, you have the chance to increase the ones which you are not very good with, it's a big chance.
That's what happened on Thursday 11th February.
The Art worker in The Reco organized a worshop for the workers and volunteers.
Although I arrived not too convinced about my success in that workshop, at the end I was suprised...
The story was about making hats. First of all, we had to draw a draft of which kind of hats each one wanted to create and choose one of them. Once the hat was choosen, we had to create the first shape, the structure of the hat, and after that, start creating the shape of your own designed hat. The technic was with straw sticks that everyone had to cut properly for the shape of the hat.
In terms of skills, I realised that I'm not as bad as I thought before starting. It was funny, realxed, and interesting.
Although, for me, the most interesting things of the workshop weren't about skills, good and bad hats, or technics. The interesting things were about how you feel when you are creating an own creation, abot being concentrate in what you are doing, about practice the patience and about trusting in your own skills.
I mean, while I was doing my hat, I was just attentive in what I was doing, my awareness was in the hat, in the shape, in the picture, in the tape, in the straw... The interesting part of it, for me, is that it was an inconscious way to be. I mean, I didn't have to do any effort to put all my atention on it, it was just some process like: If I'm doing that, my awareness is just on that.
Otherwise, I felt relaxed, I discovered that patienly and trusting in me I could have an idea of my favourite hat, draw some hats, choose one, and develop a hat, an art creation.
I thought how many benefits the art and the art workshops can give to the young people, although they sometimes aren't aware about the benefits of that kind of workshops or just think that they are not good with it.
How we could do that the young people see the benefits of the art workshops for themselves and they use it?

No comments: