Dec 20, 2009

Christmas in Ireland

Well, I didn’t spend the Christmas time in Ireland because I came back to my country with my family…

However, before the Christmas holidays, when we still had activities and groups in the Reco, we celebrated the Christmas!
It was nice. The main activity about Christmas was the Christmas dinners. Every group, from the youngest ones to the oldest, had the chance to celebrate the Christmas with a really good and tasty dinner in the Reco Restaurant!
During the week of 7th of December, I enjoyed with different groups this celebration. I discovered which kind of food they’re eating during the Christmas, and it is, mainly, turkey. They also had a really good ice creams and desserts.
One of the most enjoyable experience I had during this days was the exchange Christams traditions with the kids and workers from one of the grups of the Aisling Project. They asked me if I could explain them the typical Spanish Christmas to compare it with their celebration and to know something more about another country. So me, as a good catalan, explained them the Spanish Christmas traditions, and the catalan particular traditions.
It was very pleasant to have the opportunity to explain them about my traditions, it was a way to talk about me. They were really surprised with the Catalan “Caga Tió”, our crib with “El caganer” and, of course, with the fancy three magic kings and their three camels!

SOME PICTURES
Begining of December: We put "El caganer" in the Crib
24th December: After gave him lots of food to make him fat, we hit him with a stick and all sing a song. After it, he shit lots of presents for us

31 st. December: We eat 12 grapes for the last 12 seconds of the year.


6th of january: We wake up and we have the house plenty of presents. The three magic kings go in all all the houses puttig presents for everybody. If you have been a good boy or girl during the year, you have more presents!

No comments: