Dec 8, 2009

Moving to the "new - old" Reco

Since I arrived, at the beginings of October, The Reco had been doing its activities in another building. I didn't know how was the new building but everybody was talking about it and looking forward to going back there. Let me explain... Before I arrived and for many years, The Reco was in a big building that recently  had to be reformed for a safety reasons. So I arrived when that building was being reformed.

At the ends of November the works were almost finished and we started preparing the moving days. It meant to make some meetings to arrange the dates and all the steps we had to follow to move back. Since the last week of November until the 8th of December we did all that work. The hardest week was the last before the Opening Day. In those week I painted radiators and walls, prepared some furniture, helped organising all the stuff, cleaned, etc.

This moving was an opportunity to make of it a chance to give to the building a new atmosphere and to change some things for the benfit of the young people who are using it.
Everybody worked hard to have the new building prepared as soon as possible. It was also a good experience to work with the workmates that I don't use to, to know them a little bit more, and for me, to know the building, apreciate and respect it and feel it as an important part of my work. I think that helped me to understand the need to encourage the young people because they respect the building as it's essential to carry the activities on.

The temporary Reco

The Reco

No comments: