Nov 20, 2009

Volunteer Fair

In two occasions I had the opportunity to participate in a volunteer event in the Universities. These events were meetings in the universities, where a lot of organisations that are working with volunteers had their own tent to present themselves to the students. There was all kind of organisations. The aim of these events was to show which kind of work these organisations are doing and to give a chance to the students who are interested in volunteering.  Actually, there were lots of organisations who are giving the chance of volunteering with them.
My experience was interesting. In one hand, I had the chance to know the university and to speak with the students about BRYR, The Reco, volunteering, and in the other hand, I could show them what the European Volunteer Service is and talk a little bit about my experience, even though my experience was short! I realized that lots of young people don’t know about the EVS, and some of them were really surprised when they found out this opportunity…


One of these events was in the DCU (Dublin City University), and the other one was in Trinity College.

I finished these events thinking how the EVS could be more accessible to the young people… It’s a big and a fantastic opportunity, but it’s still not widely known…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

waiting for next post